Join us for the Gospel Coalition Atlantic Regional Conference with Russell Moore and Mark Dever! Sign up here.
So many themes dear to The Gospel Coalition come together in Ephesians 2:8-9: grace, faith, Christ, and God’s glory. In fact, so grand are Paul’s words there that verse 10 can be easily overlooked. It, too, is gospel: a call for believers, having understood the gospel, to do the works that God has prepared in advance for them to do--regardless of cultural moment. Luther’s own story is the supreme case in point. He got the gospel, he related its truths to his cultural times, and he accomplished much for the kingdom. As with him, so with us: get the gospel, see the times through it, and accomplish for the kingdom.
These great truths will be the teaching focus of our four plenary sessions. A variety of breakouts will complement the plenaries, providing practical direction in a variety of spheres in which the church can and should bring the glory of God to bear on culture:
- Redefining work with faith as its foundation;
- Living the gospel strategically in the suburbs;
- Developing plans and practices for social media, the Internet, and other communications that advance the gospel well;
- Establishing a ministry of mercy in your local church;
- Enabling God’s people to worship with authenticity.